Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Looking for more education
- - By PFI (**) Date 08-02-2012 10:56
I'm wondering if anyone can help with suggesting further education, I'm currently a CWI and Have my ASNT level 2 VT and MT, I looking for some SCWI predatory courses, prefer to have an online course if possible.  I'm open to any other suggestions for education to increasing my capabilities.  I do have all the requirements to become a SCWI just don't feel completely comfortable with plunking down the 900 bucks without so type of refresher.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-09-2012 17:02
I understand your misgivings about the predatory courses offered by independent parties. Many of them are simply after your hard earned cash. Predators, I could not say it better.

Al
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-10-2012 03:30
:lol: :cry: :lol:

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-10-2012 06:33
First off, You do not have the necessary skills to become an SCWI... Why??? Because you do not know how to SPELL "PREPARATORY" as opposed to "predatory" which also means that you need to learn how to proofread what you write in a more eh em - professional manner!!! Predatory??? You need to stop watching too much television while you're typing...

I personally never heard of SCWI predatory courses but, we could probably come up with something almost as amusing!!!:eek::yell::lol::roll::twisted::cool:

ROTFLMFAO!!!

One glaring question comes to mind is this one: "Do you take enough time and effort to proofread your inspection reports so that spelling and grammatical mistakes are caught and corrected before handing them in???

Seriously, there are some online courses but, I don't have the links to the sites with me so as soon as I do come up with them, I'll post them up ASAP...

Al, You're too friggin funny!!!:twisted::lol::yell::wink::cool:

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-10-2012 15:17
At least in your other thread on the same exact question you spelled 'preparatory' correctly.  Why must people post multiple times in multiple locations?  It really doesn't change the answers that will be presented.

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?tid=31007

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By csdenny (*) Date 09-13-2012 19:03
Real Educational Services has SCWI predatory/preparatory classes, there is a website.
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-10-2012 15:18
What you mean I'm funny?

You sound like my daughters. They won't let me wear plaid kickers with my plaid shirt and argyle socks! They said it looks funny! They said I have no fashion sense. It must be the suspenders that throw them off.

I didn’t catch the spelling error, I just thought he didn’t like the courses offered. I’ll be darn. 

Hey Brent, it changed the answer in this case!:grin:

Al
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-10-2012 15:34
I guess you are right about that one.  Even if all we did so far was make fun of his spelling error. 

I've made my share through the years, I try not to get too wrapped up in correcting people's spelling and grammer on the forum.  But it does get to me more than a little when some of the most basic mistakes are made so consistently. 

What bothers me more is when they post in multiple places with the same question.  If you want to renew the conversation, just add a post to the old one that will bump it up to current conversation.  Most of us check all the sections pretty regularly for new threads and/or new posts to a thread. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Looking for more education