Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / electrode classifications
- - By chaikwa (*) Date 01-19-2003 14:52
Does anyone know where I can find, (preferably on-line), a chart detailing the different types of stick electrodes and their characteristics and positions? I'm sure AWS has what I'm looking for, but I was hoping someone might know WHERE this information is so that I don't have to wade through all their pages to find it. I have found a few partial charts from various manufacturers with very limited info. I suppose the manufacturers try to detail only the most popular rods that they move the most of.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Chaikwa
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 01-19-2003 15:04
I'm not sure about online, but Lincoln Electric has some publications that have a great deal of information at a fraction of the cost of the books available from various technical organization.

AWS used to give you a free welding handbook with membership but it appears that now you get a "discount" when you buy it.

You just can't beat books. No search engine needed!, No Ads.

G Austin
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-20-2003 15:33
I got some of that same info you are requesting from Lincoln Electric'c web site. The info is in PDF. format and you need Adobe Acrocat reader to download and view them.
John Wright
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / electrode classifications