Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Welder Qualification Record form
- - By flaguy (*) Date 08-11-2012 12:15
The AWS web site has a fillable pdf WQR form but it does not seem to work well.  Examples: most of the lettering shows up about 10 or 12 point size, but some shows up about 30 point size (process and size are two examples).  Also, there are other blanks that can not be filled in.  So although the form is nice, it's not really usable.  Anyone know of a fix or a link to a WQR form that works properly?  Thanks.  Jim
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-11-2012 17:13
You will notice too that you cannot save or change anything except the boxes. 

I have resorted to making my own.  I have some in Excel and some in Word.  Being an incompetent computer user I don't know how I might share mine without including all my logo, CWI stamp, and many other personal items.  I'll see what I can do about removing them and sending you something to start from.  Someone shared one with me that I modified but like I said, it takes this computer challenged person a long time to get anywhere with it.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 08-11-2012 17:17
Just thought of something...

Can you print it out with just their blank form then hand write the info. 

Might be worth a try if you are in a hurry to document a couple of welder certs.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By flaguy (*) Date 08-12-2012 04:01
Thanks Brent, that does work.  I appreciate the response.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-12-2012 17:06
You can also print it, Scan it back in and convert it to a Word file so you can alter it. You will need ADOBE to do that
Parent - By flaguy (*) Date 08-21-2012 08:26
Thanks - I will give that a try also
Parent - - By WeldinFool (**) Date 08-13-2012 15:16
In the "Useful Downloads" section of this forum is a link for the ArcWorks programs. They have a great WQR form along with excellent forms for your PQR and WPS requirements. Give them a try.
Parent - By flaguy (*) Date 08-21-2012 08:27
Thanks, that form works well.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Welder Qualification Record form