Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Self-lubricating bronze bearing plates
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-17-2012 16:51
Have a job that is being bid and it is a pedestrian bridge with self-lubricating bronze bearing plates. Specifications say that the bearing pad is to be in accordance with "03 15 15.2.1.B.1".

Can anyobdy tell me where to look for this spec or standard?

ASHTO maybe? 2003 Section 15 paragraph 15.2.1.B.1?

Need to see what it says and if we need to write this spec into the PO to the machine shop.
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 08-17-2012 18:25
John
I imagine this is more of an engineers requirement.
How about the Project Specs?
Is it a DOT Job/their Spec's?

Good Luck

:cool:
Marshall
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-17-2012 19:13
My first thought...looked through the project specs, no dice. Ended up contacting a slide bearing mfg, and they make the whole shebang. I still don't know what that reference is to, but I will assume the slide bearing folks know since it's their line of work.
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 08-18-2012 01:41
Could that be a reference to a Dept of Transportation document?
Parent - - By 46.00 (****) Date 08-18-2012 05:33
Not trying to be funny about this, but why not ask the prospective client? The number sequence you have gave seems to be a individual interpretation of some sort, no idea what but a RFI surely would be in order if no reference has been made in the contract specifications?
Guesses will not cut it later on down the line.
I have no problem with appearing to be stupid, it's being proven to be stupid that irritates
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 08-18-2012 10:30
Thanks guys for the replies, and opinions :wink:

Our estimating department does alot of things that seem questionable to me at times and I jokingly pick at them, but they aren't completely stupid, they have been throwing numbers at projects for alot of years now and have kept me employed for the last 28 years....I'm going to assume that they will figure all of the contractural agreements out ahead of time. The early RFIs to the customer are just another part of the estimating scope of work when the job is in the planning stages. I'm gong to trust that they will look out for our best interest, they were digging for info on this reference and included me in that hunt for info, so they were busy trying to cover all of the bases.

Take care.
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 08-19-2012 06:33
At the end of the day the estimating department is the make or break point of the organization.   Nice to see they are reaching out instead of firing bullets in the dark.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-19-2012 14:29
That appears to be a project specification section number. The 0315152 appears very similar to project specification numbering I have seen on many projects. The spec is often issued as one document and tbe digits i listed above are "sections" within the spec.

Gerald
Austin

Example at http://psc.ky.gov/PSCSCF/2010%20cases/2010-00038/20100128_NKWD_Standard_Drawing_Details.PDF
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / Self-lubricating bronze bearing plates