Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Fun in the SandBox
- - By Superflux (****) Date 08-24-2012 19:52
Fun things to see and do in Kuwait
1) Cross the street without becoming a hood ornament.
a) speed limit signs are just for show and to add color to all the beige
  b) Try to figure out if it is really left or right hand traffic????????
2) Offer to take a lady of the evening out for supper... and do just that and only that.
a) Actually did that last night. The look on her face after I paid the bill and walked away was priceless!!!!
  b) Watch the locals (turbaned men, ninja masked women and young boys in "man dresses" with an LA Raider's ball cap turned around "homie style") trying DESPERATELY not to look at her cleavage.
3) Count the totalled out vehicles (they leave them for days and sometimes weeks). There are no fender benders here. Seriously, for some reason with all the whacked out driving, you don't see very many whiskey dents. A LOT of what must be fatalities....
4) Sample perfumes and cologne. Some really nice smelling stuff, BUT! The essences that cost $500.00 an ounce smells like a camel's A$$.
a) Therefore... DO NOT get in an elevator with rich Kuwaitis!
5) Watch the welders jump when they cook off a left over 5.56 or 9mm round stuffed off back in some nook or cranny with a plasma cutter.
a) Fortunately, no one has set off a .50 cal. That could leave a mark!

Ramadan is over and I feel comfortable getting out and about on my Sunday off. I'll try to remember my camera and hopefully get some good fotos to post.
Since my work is secret military/proprietary projects, I can't show any boring welding stuff.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-24-2012 22:04
Good laugh! Sounds like an interesting place for sure!! :lol:
Parent - By Tex (**) Date 08-26-2012 04:23
Take care of yourself over there, Pardner. I'm looking forward to listening to some good stories over a drink when you get back to the Cowboy State. First round is on me.

Tex
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Fun in the SandBox