Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / polyethylene pipe installation code
- - By alkhiat (*) Date 09-02-2012 09:07
Dear Guys,
Can anyone inform me by the installation code  of polyethylene pipes (ASME B31, API , .....)  , I will use it for water disposal and water injection in oil production field
the polyethylene pipe is according to ISO 4427
thank you all
Parent - - By js55 (*****) Date 09-04-2012 13:27
Inform you of what?
Parent - By nantong (**) Date 09-06-2012 05:22
ISO 4427 is PE pipe for human consumption.
Parent - By jarsanb (***) Date 09-06-2012 13:29
If your looking for guidance in the area of fusion or pressure testing you may find the Code of Federal Regulations helpful. C.F.R. Title 49 - Transportation. Part 192 - Transportation of natural and other gas by pipeline. (192.281 plastic pipe)
Parent - By bert lee (**) Date 09-06-2012 15:26
check BS 6437 for general purposes (including use in chemical plants)
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 09-06-2012 20:44
I don't have a set of ASME code books in front of me to pull the section number, but I remeber writing a PVC welding spec to ASME requirements about 10 years ago.

A quick ASME search brought up this:

Committee on Nonmetallic Pressure Piping Systems Standards Established
ASME Standards and Certification has chartered a new standards committee to develop the first comprehensive standards covering design, joining, fabrication, installation, examination, and testing for thermoplastic and fiberglass reinforced plastic piping systems. The committee will also develop and maintain nonmetallic material specifications for nonmetallic materials other than wood, glass, and concrete for pressure applications.  More than 50 committee volunteers have been appointed to this committee and its subcommittees supported by manufacturers, engineering contractors, end users, trade associations and regulatory agencies.  It is anticipated that these standards will facilitate the Interchangeability of nonmetallic piping components and the compatibility of material chemistries and composition.

For more information, contact Daniel Sharp (+1.212.591.8538).

NACE is also involved in plastics:

http://www.onepetro.org/mslib/servlet/onepetropreview?id=NACE-00536

And so is AWS:

http://www.aws.org/w/a/technical/g1/

Tim
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / polyethylene pipe installation code