Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / F0ck facebook
- - By Johnny Walker (***) Date 09-12-2012 01:55
There's criminals all over facebook it's the devil!!!
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 09-12-2012 10:54
I guess you have or had a book face account ? Not me that is is for people that like drama I can't stand book face. So what happened with these criminals.
Parent - By RonG (****) Date 09-12-2012 12:49
Not defending FB here but. Tell me some place there isn't criminals :wink:

I have Grand kids in college’s all around the country and I find FB handy for staying in touch with them or just peeking in on them.

Kids now days (thanks to FB) have a whole new slant on the word "Discretion".
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-12-2012 12:53
Johnny

If every criminal, fool, and sinner recieved the justice they deserve.

The planet would be 100% depopulated.

Where can you look and not find a criminal?
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 09-12-2012 12:59
In my mirror I only see a fool and a sinner....:eek:.

QCRobert
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 09-12-2012 15:25
Robert, you need to get some Windex and clean that mirror buddy!:cool::yell:
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 09-12-2012 16:40
Well the wife has been saying for years that my eye sight is fading.....:confused:
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 09-21-2012 02:12
:lol:
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 09-12-2012 13:26
If you are worried about criminals you need to get rid of your email and/or cancel your Internet service.

Never does a day go by that I do not get one of those phishing scams from Nigeria offering me $6 million and asking for my bank account and routing numbers.

And what about viruses and spyware that steal you bank and credit card passwords?  I get them often.

I pay $80 a year to get the gold standard in antivirus and spyware removal software and it worth every penny for the problems it finds.

Facebook is the safest site on the web bacause you can use the privacy settings to only allows friends access to your area -unlike email which is public.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-12-2012 15:50
Johnny,

Even here on this great forum we have had our spammers, cons, and trouble makers.  It takes constant vigilance by all to maintain a system that offers even a mediocre amount of safety.  It also takes great discernment on the part of the users. 

We are the one's ultimately responsible for being taken advantage of.  But even at our best, we all make mistakes. 

But then, maybe you would care to explain to us what happened that got you fired up. 

Remember, no one is forcing you to use facebook.  It has it's faults.  Most of them are because humans are involved.  Try existing without any of those (humans) around. 

I also like using it to keep up with family that is separated by distance.  But great care must be used.  Be careful about the pics you put up.  Be careful about the amount and kind of personal information you make available to others.  Don't use any financial information. 

Just my two tin pennies worth.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 09-12-2012 18:40
Ahhhh-- Johnny :( thats why I haven't heard from ya...
Parent - - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 09-19-2012 06:22
We've all had our run ins with the law sometime or another yes me included. I guess you're going to unfriend me now? lol
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 09-19-2012 06:41
What's wrong with criminals?
Some most of the boring people I've met are those that "Claim" (total BS... Even Jesus broke a few laws) to have never broken the law.

Just remember; EVERYONE has an FBI file. Some are thicker than others.
Parent - - By Sourdough (****) Date 09-21-2012 02:10
Define thick...
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 09-21-2012 08:01
My FBI file probably has several folders and it's own drawer.....
That's what I call thick.
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 09-21-2012 02:10
I thought you were used to criminals by now?
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / F0ck facebook