Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Milwaukee 6101-6 Bandfile?
- - By kb (*) Date 01-24-2003 00:26
I was wondering if anyone has this unit or has used it as I am considering buying it. I have used the Dynafile pneumatic variety but alas, my home shop doesn't have the air power to support that beast (not to mention the cost). Any info, pros or cons, would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Kevin
Parent - By kb (*) Date 01-28-2003 23:31
I just thought I would give a heads up to anyone interested in this tool.
I went ahead and bought one and it is crap! I sent it back after only 15 minutes of use. It is just an angle grinder motor/body (overpriced) with a 1/2 X 18 belt attachment that fits where the wheel quard would normally go. Ok in theory, but it is really heavy, awkward, and the belt travels in the wrong direction if you want to use it right-handed. The rubber cover on the contact arm wheel came unglued and the belt would not stay on/track properly All from using a surface conditining belt to remove scale from a piece of mild steel before tacking/welding. Oh well live and learn.

Kevin
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Milwaukee 6101-6 Bandfile?