Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Argentina
- - By Superflux (****) Date 10-16-2012 16:33 Edited 10-16-2012 17:04
Well, I finished a 2nd Middle Eastern military contract and wanted to celebrate. So last year on my first one, I went around the world in 21 days. This time I figured I needed to cross the Equator.
Did a serious R&R in Buenos Aires and Mendoza, Argentina. It was 2 weeks of (50? bottles of Malbec wine) Tango, Flamenco, Rafting and an incredible Zip Line that went 4,000 feet (single run) across the Mendoza River on the east flank of the Andes Mountains. Saw Condors and Huanocos(?) an Alpaca/Llama sort of creature that has not been domesticated.
And it is true, the water DOES go down the drain Anti-clockwise!!!!

Uhhh... no, I am NOT a slave to fashion, color coordination or barbershops!
Attachment: River.jpg (670k)
Attachment: Rocknroll.jpg (0B)
Attachment: 2.jpg (0B)
Parent - - By unclematt (***) Date 10-16-2012 19:58
Hello John;
Looks and sounds like you had a nice trip. Saw the zipline thing on the History Channel, I think, when Dennis Anderson (Gravedigger) had his show. Looks like fun.

Have a good one;
Matt
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 10-17-2012 00:04
Awesome!   Cool the gig is done and your lead free:grin:.  Dang I need to celebrate a chunky job like that...your my hero! LOL.   Back to the grind...got a good structrual gig for the DOD but I am stateside cause im a chicken. :lol:    Australia next?
Parent - By qcrobert (***) Date 10-17-2012 12:53
Great pix and looks like a good time you had on R&R!

So you back to Wyoming fab shop?

QCRobert
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Argentina