Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CWB GROUP
- - By Jprisk Date 10-17-2012 16:42
I just recently achieved my CWI certiftication and have been sending out tons of resumes. Last Friday I had a telephone interview with the Canadian Welding Bureau to be their U.S. certification representitive. I was just wondering if anybody on here has ever dealt with or worked for this company before. How do they treat their employees? Is the compensation good? any info would be very appreciated. Thanks.         
                                                       JP
Parent - - By BMS Date 10-19-2012 03:13
I have dealt with them form a few years now.  Everytime i speak with them, the representatives seem to like working for the CWB.  I have even thought of applying with them one day myself.  The only downfall that I have seen is that you might work many hours without getting paid any overtime.
Parent - - By up-ten (***) Date 10-20-2012 03:59
The sooner you get on with them the better. Then you can work on them to start bringing welders up from the US, cause this country(Canada) seems intent on bringing welders from every other country in this world when there's plenty just across the border.
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 10-20-2012 15:32
That's because we have the best government Big Oil can buy, and those U.S. weldors won't work cheap!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / CWB GROUP