Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Which to do first?
- - By Jprisk Date 10-17-2012 17:00 Edited 10-17-2012 17:04
Okay, I've become a CWI. What to do next?  I am looking into various certifications to start on within the next year.  I would like to do the CWS, CRAW-T, and ASNT level 2 for VT,UT,MT,and PT. I have my 80 hours of UT training and the required 840 hour in experience using the method. So between that and being eligible for the ACCP level 2 VT because of my CWI status, it seems like a no brainer on which to do first. But I'm wondering which is the most valuable to have on a resume? I'm trying to stack it so that in a list of candidates, my resume sticks out the most. I've had it with $16/hr jobs and am ready to start making some real money.  Thanks in advance for any answers or insight.       JP

*EDIT* I'm also looking into the various codebook endorsements to add to my credentials. Just trying to figure out which investment will have the best return in the short term.
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 10-17-2012 17:16
I'd go for the ASNT MT level II next, it's a very easy, quick and reliable skill that can be used all the time.  I got my ASNT stuff first, then got my CWI but either way....
MT, then PT next if it were me.
good luck
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 10-17-2012 21:27
MP and UT is always in demand, you can't go wrong by picking up those Lvl II's.
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 10-18-2012 01:35
The AWS radiographic interpreter endorsement sure wont hurt the resume. I hear it is as tough as the CWI exam.
Parent - By PWCameron (**) Date 10-20-2012 18:29
With your CWI, an MT-LII and UT-LII get a Bolting Inspector certification.
Now you're Golden Baby, Golden!
PWC
- By Dualie (***) Date 10-21-2012 01:49
what about coatings?
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Which to do first?