Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding books in spanish and english.
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 10-19-2012 15:43
I am looking for some welding books for beginning students that are in spanish. I have once student in my might class that speaks some english but doesn't read it well. What would be ideal is something published in both english and spanish.

Textbooks are what is preferred and used is better.

Any help is appreciated. Im looking to buy these myself but dint kniw, where to look.

Gerald Austin

Course.weldingclassroom.org (under development)
Weldingdata.com
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 10-19-2012 19:03
Lincoln used to publish some of their booklets (small treatises rather than booklets, I'd say) in Spanish. Enter their site and have a look.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil

P.S. The language spoken in Brazil is Portuguese, not Spanish.
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 10-19-2012 23:05
I called them today and no luck. They have some machine manuals and are going to be coming back out with the booklets in 2013.

I think I Found a book by Larry Jeffus and one in english that may do the trick if I can locate one.

Gerald
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 10-22-2012 19:58 Edited 10-22-2012 20:05
ESAB has published some catalogs in Spanish. They're catalogs, not textbooks, but may be useful for your purposes.
Go to:

www.esab.com.ar/ar/sp/educacion/catalogos.cfm

and

www.esab.com.es/es/sp/support/biblioteca.cfm

Be careful in writing those words, it's not "education", it's "educacion", it's not "catalogs", it's "catalogos", and so on.

Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 10-22-2012 23:07
Thank you.
Parent - - By Euskera (*) Date 03-19-2013 16:40
Hello everybody:

Hi Gerald, even when I was warned that this thread is old, I think I can offer my two cents to your inquiry for some welding instruction material in spanish.

1. "Fundamentos de la Soldadura por Arco manual".  (Manual Arc Welding Fundamentals) http://galvec.com/curso.soldar.arco.pdf.

2. "Consumibles para soldadura de construcciones de acero - Böhler Welding". (Welding Consumables for Steel Structures)  http://www.boehler-welding.com/arabic/files/Steelconstr_SPA.pdf.

3. "Consumibles de Soldadura para Centrales Hidroeléctricas"  (Welding consumables for hydro power stations - Böhler Welding) http://www.boehler-welding.com/german/files/Hydropower_SPA.pdf.

Gerald I feel fine that people like you are giving support by teaching to people that speaks spanish language. Thanks a lot.

Gerald, me siento bien que gente como tú está apoyando al enseñar a gente que habla español. Muchas gracias.

P.D. If I can be of some help for you in this subject of welding, particularly regarding in educational material in spanish, please do not hesitate and let me know through the forum.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-19-2013 23:57
Thanks for the information. I would love to have more students of any language if I could communicate. The two spanish speaking students I had have not been back in awhile but maybe I will get more. Right now I'm at the lab wwith 5 empty booths. need to get something going.

Gerald Austin
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Welding books in spanish and english.