Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / uggh! seen a few rants in the forum lately so here is mine
- - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-02-2012 11:55
Dropped my (only) 70° transducer and broke a huge chunk of my wedge...... :mad:

Waiting for the NDT supply shop to open so I can order a new one and have it shipped next day(uggh and it's the weekeknd).

I was checking some TS sections that were cut apart and welded back together using backing strips to make tapered TS sections and reached back over to adjust something on my UT machine the the transducer slipped off into the floor. dangit......... /end of rant
Parent - - By Bill M (***) Date 11-02-2012 14:17
If I was closer I'd gladly lend you one...

Guy I was working with the other day dropped a laser tracker cmm ball.  Broke just like a Christmas tree ornament ....only cost $2,000.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-02-2012 14:38

>Guy I was working with the other day dropped a laser tracker cmm ball.
>only cost $2,000

Oh man...now I don't feel quite so bad. I got my order placed, and will have a replacement on Monday. Mmeanwhile, I'm stacking material up and putting it to the side until the wedge shows up. I had used all of my spare 70° wedges for other odd-ball projects(round tubing of differing sizes).
Parent - By Bill M (***) Date 11-02-2012 18:59
glad I could cheer you up~
Attachment: laserball.pdf (186k)
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / uggh! seen a few rants in the forum lately so here is mine