Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Had to splurge today...
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-07-2012 23:11
Went out to stock up on some more ammo today while out and was at the gun store talking with the owner and needless to say the mood was dreary.

However, I went there on a mission. A mission to buy something that did not need reloading machines, gun powder or primer. A more antique sort of weap....I mean hunting tool that is a little more under the radar. Sure it won't drop a.......deer at 1000 yards but highly effective, quiet and as long as you do not loose the projectiles reloading is quite easy and fast.

Oddly enough they did not bend me over the counter, drop my drawers and probe my insides to make sure I was not a criminal before I was able to purchase the item, shockingly I did not have my I.D checked, name given or anything. Other than my blabbering about my new hunting tool on here a purchase of something like this would virtually go completely under the radar, especially if you did it with cash.

I considered this a good day after Obama, excuse me, President Obama was reelected celebration gift. Celebration being used loosely, sarcastically and I wish it was being said because I had several beers in me and really did not understand what I was saying, but I must admit, I am completely sober.

So, without further adieu, may I introduce you to Mr. TenPoint, 180 pound draw, scoped out all the bells and whistles! I have not shot it yet, raining today. Hope to get out and shoot a bit tomorrow evening when I get done running around.
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 11-08-2012 01:04
That is a zombie killing machine!!!!  If you knock down too many bambi, just give me a call and I'll meet you in Memphis to take them off your hands!

HAHAHA   well Shawn after discussing our business budgets/plans this morning and the radical changes to such (like I am not going to hire a full time guy now...How is that economy working for you dmecrts???)   I decided to invest in some Colt ARs, a pair for me and the wife, and plenty of "plinking" ammo to go with it.  Also on the shopping list is a couple of 870 express with some mods, some SKS cheapies for all the kids if I can work the right deal...and dammit I am gonna treat myself to a couple of Redhawks I had my eye on for a while.   There I think I am doing MY PART to help drive the economy and get it us out of this recession as a red blooded patriotic American. :wink:
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-08-2012 02:19
"A big, bad loss

This was a day when stocks that might have done well under a Romney administration were clobbered: defense, coal, oil and gas, health insurers, steel, banks and broker. And everything else seemed to run over with them.

One group that did remarkably well: gun makers as investors speculated an Obama administration attempt to regulate gun selling more closely. Sturm Ruger (RGR +6.81%) jumped $3.04 to $47.68. Smith & Wesson Holding (SWHC +9.62%) surged 91 cents to $10.37."

From an article called "Dow slumps 313 after Obama's re-election"
http://money.msn.com/market-news/post.aspx?post=312f6615-d34a-41c5-8b22-404b7fbc9ff9
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-08-2012 02:50
I talked with the owner of the gun store this morning while making my purchase and I said, "I suppose you'll get busy now". He said not yet but he was checking on ordering some ammunition this morning(day after election) and he said suppliers were already talking about getting low!!

Maybe we could be considered light duty "prepers" but rather have my pants on then get caught with my willie in my hand! I figured if he was elected for a second term that our gun sales would rise, guess that's why I've been wanting to get my FFL to legally sell firearms!
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-08-2012 02:55
Sounds like you'll have the Armory of Tommyland!!!

Actually thinking I'm going to start watching for bambi in my backyard. They seem to bed down in the thicket behind the house. Believe I'm going to watch for them and take one out with the pistol!! Got plenty of grey squirrels and rabbit around here too. Think that crossbow might get some use sticking squirrels to trees!! Had a turkey down in the field a few weeks ago, if I had the magnum I would have dropped him too!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-08-2012 03:25
Ever think of building an electric salt lick ?
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-08-2012 04:04
Hmmmm, not a bad idea Dave, kill them and cook them all in one shot!!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 11-09-2012 01:58
HAHAHAHA there ya go Dave!   A neon transformer and a little wire and you are in biz!!!   Dave you might have a great business idea there.
Parent - By texwelder (***) Date 11-08-2012 02:35
AWESOME
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Had to splurge today...