Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / to the fallen
- - By makeithot (***) Date 11-12-2012 02:15
being the day and I almost forgot on this eleventh day those that gave their all so we can enjoy the lives we have no matter what we make of them. thank you!!! to those that serve. RK
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 11-13-2012 03:14
I second that!   Spent some time with a friend and former Army sniper today.  If it was not for those that come before all of us...we would not have to chance to have this discussion right now.  It is ok if you forgot to give thanks to any vet you know on Sunday or today...go ahead and make a point to do it tomorrow.

BTW Thank you Henry, RonG, Shawn Kelly, Blaster...and all you other fellas that have served.  I for one hold honor in my heart for you and your sacrifice for my self and my family.
Parent - By Blaster (***) Date 11-13-2012 04:47
Thanks Tommy

I have a couple living next to me that was recently married.  He is an active duty Special Forces soldier.  I am amazed how some Army couples are able to stay together during a career of seperation.  Army wives really have a tough role... many find they aren't up to it.  My good friend had his new wife divorce him before he even completed his Officer Basic Course.  And stress on the kids from constantly moving and not having two parents around is horrible.  Dad (or Mom) may be gone for 1 year out of every 2.  Sometimes more.

My neighbor has quite a few years to go yet.  I hope they are able to stick it out.  It is a tough life style for a lot of reasons.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / to the fallen