Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 14" "cold" saw blades
- - By weldwade (***) Date 11-21-2012 02:11
I know this has been asked before but there are new blades on the market, or new to me anyway...

Question is what are you using that works best for you? The Milwaukee blade that came with the saw I would rate as good or average. I have been using Freud blades for a few years now in all my other saws and find that they are top quality. It is time for me to change the 14" blade and I am hoping to get a better education on other brands I have not used before. I use the saw for general cutting on smaller stock as well as mitering, I want a blade that will give me a thin clean cut. Larger and or thicker material goes to the band saw.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Wade
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-21-2012 03:07
There was a thread perhaps a year ago on these "Dry Saws" where "Yorky Pap" Denny had a good bit to say. Not sure if He mentioned blade brands.
- - By Paladin (***) Date 11-21-2012 03:48
I've used Dewalt, Milwaukee, Tenryu, Freud Diablo, Evolution, and Morse. I like the Morse the best.
The Freud and Evolution were the cheapest but seem to have more vibration and did not last as long.
The Morse is about the same price as Dewalt but can be hard to find. My observations are not scientific but I've made lots of cuts with the two Morse 60 tooth blades I've had.
I am still using them on two different saws. My helper, who does most of the cutting, would agree about the Morse.
Floyd
Parent - By JLWelding (***) Date 11-22-2012 00:20
I have been buying the Evo. blades and run them till they need sharpening or teeth need replace. If you keep them long enough pretty soon you will replace the teeth. The guy that sharpen mine does a bang up job. I use it everyday and can get as long as 30 days out of a blade. Then again be carefull or you my knock the teeth right off, or dull it right away.
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 11-22-2012 02:04
Thanks for the replies guys! I haven't seen the Morse saw blades but I will look for them. I also need to look for a place in my area who sharpens them. I have a few that could use it for sure.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / 14" "cold" saw blades