Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Secret Clearance/NACI - Welders
- - By WeldingChat.com (**) Date 11-28-2012 18:11
Welders - 50 positions - US/Afghanistan
details:
http://www.weldingjobs.com/welder196.html
Please apply directly
Parent - - By Francisford (**) Date 12-03-2012 15:52
Has anyone looked into this?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 12-03-2012 16:35
Not this one specifically.  I know these guys post up here every so often with jobs.  Some of the guys here have gone overseas and have stated there is still great demand. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 12-04-2012 19:17
FrancisFord,
It has to be for the Navistar MSU contract on the MaxxPro Combat Vehicle.
Many recruiters and GDLS/ForcePro are trying to man the job but I doubt that they still need 50 welders. Each truck requires 40 hours of weld time and is quite labor intensive.

The pay has decreased recently but it will still be six figures....and it is a 10 month contract. The overall 'climate' here is going down hill...fast.
As the withdrawal of the troops nears and it is looking like it will be accelerated, the silliness intensifies.
Still, if someone needs a job and can put up with alot of rules and some nonsense, it is an adventure. Free transportation, tent and chow too!

Because of the pay cuts in Af. it has been difficult to fill the skilled jobs here. You can pay an oil changer at Wal-Mart 80K to come here and he if more than happy (not mocking WM oil changers) but skilled welders and CWI's aren't jumping at 110K/yr for 7/12's.

Any questions, feel free...
Parent - - By Blaster (***) Date 12-04-2012 01:16
What is NACI?
Parent - By Francisford (**) Date 12-04-2012 13:15
I have a active secret clearance and work for airforce right now. I was just wondering
Parent - - By fschweighardt (***) Date 12-04-2012 17:05
The National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) is required for consideration for all federal employment jobs and certain contracted jobs through the federal government. The NACI itself is not a security clearance; it is a background check and investigation that may open the way for clearances. The NACI is the lowest level of background investigation completed by the federal government and is used for employment positions that pose a low risk to the government.

Read more: How Do I Get NACI Clearance? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8415162_do-naci-clearance.html#ixzz2E6UgxpHp
Parent - By Blaster (***) Date 12-05-2012 01:18
Thanks fschweighardt

I only ever heard that refered to as a "NAC"  The "I" is what puzzled me.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Secret Clearance/NACI - Welders