Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Any compare ARC123 vs vertex 360
- - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-11-2012 16:35
I have compared these,on paper and they are two different levels of equipment however I am curious if anyone has had hands on experience with both?

http://www.123arc.com

I am aware of the differences as documented but more interested in the usefulness for travel speed, angle, arc length/eso.

Thanks

Gerald Austin
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 12-12-2012 04:22
The Lincoln is by far the best "simulator" in my opinion.

However.  EWI has a similar system that records data and provides feedback in a true hotwork environment!  And I like it even more.

I have tried all thoroughly...

I do not believe any of the "green" literature that suggests these tools will save money or carbon footprint..  The up front cost is too high...

I do believe that if they are used correctly, that students can complete entry level courswork at a higher level of competency if they use these new specialty tools..   There is value in that... But others need to judge how much.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 12-12-2012 11:20
I tried the vertex at a demo here and thought it a useful tool but far from a good value. The arc123 is in the 5-6 k range and is only a single process and I was wondering if anyone had used it.

One of the variables some of my students have a hard time controlling is work and travel angle while making fillet welds.

Thanks

Gerald
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Education & Training / Any compare ARC123 vs vertex 360