Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trans Canada Pipeline Stopped (for now)
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-11-2012 23:59
http://www.kltv.com/story/20314760/apnewsbreak-texas-judge-halts-oil-pipeline-work
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 12-12-2012 00:28
I doubt that will last long. From what I read, it sounds more like the guy is just trying to get more money out of the company.
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-12-2012 02:01
They all are down here
Parent - - By 357max (***) Date 12-13-2012 15:35
Question; a radio talk show was pointing out that in Texas there is a "Gentlemens" agreement that for a pipeline to move through it must be U.S Steel and American Workers. Is this so?
Also FYI in order to move the Bakken Oil out of North Dakota ~ It is railed out via Burlington Northern Sante Fe ~ the major owner is Warren Buffett major supporter of and has the ear of Mr O. Does the plot thicken?
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-13-2012 22:48
Not sure about the "Gentlemens agreement" However, This line is EVERY WHERE around my house. IF there were foreign workers on it, they wouls need more security than they could hire !
Parent - - By JLWelding (***) Date 12-14-2012 01:15
Can you imagine foreign workers building a pipeline through Tx.  :lol::lol::lol:
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-14-2012 02:05
I can imagine alot of Gunfire ringing through the Piney woods of East Texas !!
Parent - By Northweldor (***) Date 12-14-2012 17:02
What about a foreign company (TransCanada) exerting "eminent domain" over Texans?:twisted:
- - By texwelder (***) Date 12-12-2012 04:16
What size pipe is that line ?
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 12-12-2012 04:36
I bought some Suncor (it's a Canadian oil sand company) stock a while back in case the Iranians sink a ship in the canal or something and I like the way Canadians conduct business, but I'm not crazy about melting mud to get a meager output.
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 12-14-2012 02:34
Oh, and being familiar with East Texas I can concur that resistance to ANYTHING is a lock. You are so right.
- - By Dualie (***) Date 12-15-2012 03:03
somehow i  think they were using foreign welders putting down a cross country pipeline through Texas there would be more than just pipe buried in those ditches.
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 12-17-2012 14:16
Jeez fellas.
I lived in houston for some time and what I saw was the whole area being over run by foreigners such as illegal immigrants.
Been to Brownsville lately?
And what did tough texas do in response?
Well, they made houston a sanctuary city.
Mayor White couldn't have been more obsequious to the illegals had he started reciting "No habla ingles'.
Huffin and puffin notwithstanding texas is no different than california. Where I lived for some time as well.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Trans Canada Pipeline Stopped (for now)