Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Resetting an engineer
- - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 12-21-2012 02:37
instructions
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-23-2012 18:45
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  They don't sell those at the welding supply but they do at the truck stop.  I wonder why truckers have to deal with engineers so much?
Parent - By Tex (**) Date 12-24-2012 07:22
Four years ago I was doing a job here at home with a very involved engineer. I was the only certified welder on the job, and was therefore given responsibilities that I didnt really want. The job was rockin along pretty good until one day the company engineer decides to show up. When he walks onsite I went and introduced myself to him. He tells me his name and then laments how he is only two credit hours away from being a genuine engineer.

I said, "well, you aint a complete freakin idjit yet. Let's pray and see if we can head this off at the pass".

He allowed how his 3 1/2 years of school superceded my 17 years experience and things went downhill quick.
They ended up rewelding every weld on that muncipal job that didnt have my stencil on it. The big boss was a friend of mine and I had already drug when I saw how the wind was blowing.

Tex
Parent - By MMyers (**) Date 01-07-2013 20:35
The funniest part about this is that engineers use these on other engineers way more than welders use them on engineers.
- By texwelder (***) Date 12-24-2012 06:18
The funny this is my father-inlaw is a engineer he designed power plants before he retired and man he is dumb he couldn't pour piss out of a boot with directions on the heel.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Resetting an engineer