Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / TV Producers Looking for Oilfield Workers in North Dakota
- - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-26-2012 22:45
http://www.drillingahead.com/page/cable-tv-looks-for-bakken-oilfield-workers-to-star-in-reality-sho?xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_page
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 12-27-2012 01:26
Now that's an interesting post. At first blush that sounds like a howl for a show. But the real "reality" is that this industry is bent on improving safety and efficiency every chance it gets and days of excitement are supposed to be far and few between. Sometimes they're not but they're supposed to be and I can't see too many companies being interested in a Hollywood director trying to 'stir the pot'.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-27-2012 02:49
You will be suprised at the Fools that do it. When "Black Gold" first aired, I can tell you for a FACT that XTO, EOG, ANADARKO and ENCANA sent a letter to Big Dog Drilling (Autrie Stevens) and cancelled his future contracts and removed him from their Vendor list over that show and all of the Safety Violations they did on TV. It cost them MILLIONS ! They did not make near enough on the show to make up for their losses.
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 12-27-2012 03:48
I'm watching the new season right now, it really makes big dog look like *******s.     I would be lying if i said i followed every safety rule every time all the time but these idiots are really cutting corners.    I don't care if you follow me around and film as long as you stay the hell outta my way, but you better believe i get rights to final cut and how big of an A hole you make me look on tv.
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 12-27-2012 06:36
I'll agree the show is nothing but a bunch of fools. However that's not how it went down. I know and do a lot of work for a lot of Autrie's company's and I have known the guys who came up with the show idea for along time. The majority of the work BDD does is for production companies owned by Autrie's Stevens ie Endevor Energy. Those other companies you mentioned make up a small percentage of the work BDD does. Autrie also owns all of the service companies that do work for his production companies. Those guys on the show don't actually work for BDD. They are actors that have rough necking experience (minus the company man and on up) brought in for a few hours throughout the drill to film. Once the cameras leave the regular workers go back to work.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 12-27-2012 12:01
I DO know for a FACT that those Companies I listed DID send that Letter to Autrie. I was sitting in Mr Hasley's Office at XTO when it was sent.
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 12-27-2012 18:24
Well I guess those are the FACTS then...
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 12-27-2012 20:29
Oh boy, another reality show. :lol::lol:
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 12-28-2012 05:23
Ever notice how there slim to none night time filming? And ive onky seen 1episode w a welder there lol thats not reality in the oil field but I watch it for a goid laugh
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 12-28-2012 03:38
From past experiences with those film guys, a word of advice.  Don't trust any of them.  Remember, if you work with them, you are just a tool that allows them to sell there product, and that would be your day to day life.
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 12-28-2012 04:48
Can't trust the oil companies either. IMHO:lol:
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / TV Producers Looking for Oilfield Workers in North Dakota