Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certificate Issue
- - By pakzo Date 01-02-2013 03:06
Happy new year!:grin:

i renewed my CWI in November 2012. But the title in the certificate changed to "Welding Inspector" rathe than "Certified Welding Inspector" as before. Could anyone in the forum tell me the differernce and why AWS has made the changes?
would be much appreciated.
Parent - By dlredd (*) Date 01-02-2013 13:32
pakzo,

Your certificate should state "Certifies that Welding Inspector (your name) has complied with the requirements of AWS QC1, Standard for AWS Certification of Welding Inspectors". This is in accordance with Specification AWS QC1-2007, 10.1 Documentation. The American Welding Society shall issue to each SCWI, CWI, and CAWI applicant who complies with the applicable requirements of AWS B5.1, Specification for the Qualification of Welding Inspectors, a serialized (unique number) certificate and a wallet card stating that the applicant has met the AWS certification requirements.

Link to QC1-2007 - http://www.aws.org/certification/docs/QC1-2007.pdf

I also checked my certificates from 1992 to 2012 (current) and found the statement has not changed....at least on mine. If yours is different it must be something very new. Let me know.

Darrell
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 01-02-2013 15:00 Edited 01-02-2013 15:05
Pakzo,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

I concur with Darrell.  I looked at my past two wallet cards and both read: "Certifies That .....(your name)... has complied with the requirements of AWS QC1 Standard for AWS Qualification of Welding Inspectors."

Then says rather you need glasses or not, color blind, then has number and signatures.

Don't see any changes on them.  I'll have to check the wall certificate and see if that is the same but I believe it is.

edit: just checked by wall certificates, both are the same as the wallet cards with no changes in wording.  If yours changed something, it would be very recent but then, ours seems to read as your current one.  Not sure why your previous wording was different.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By pakzo Date 01-03-2013 08:05
Thank you, Mr Darrell and Mr Brent. I might have my close vision acuity re-checked.:grin::grin:

Have a Great Year!

Pakzo
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Certificate Issue