Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / MT Bench Equipment?
- - By supermoto (***) Date 01-08-2013 19:13
I am going to be adding MT to our NDE department.  I am a MT guy but limited to a yoke and dry method.  We manufacture forged rings and would like to fullfill our customer needs for MT instead of sending them out.  I have a contact for a couple of refurbished benches for $15K - $21K.  I know I need a lot of stuff for Flourescent MT.  Can someone give me a good one stop shopping website or location to get everything?

I need equipment like;
Magnetometer
Gauss Meter (Hall Effect)
Demagnetizer (not sure how to figure out what size)
Pie Gauge
AS5282 Ring (Ketos Ring)
Centrifuge
Carrier II
Paticles
UV/Flourescent Light

If anyone can think of anything else, where to get it, or even their suggestions on type of equipment and types of options they might have I would greatly appreciate it.

I have Contact thermomter, UV/white light meter for PT but I will most likely be buying another set for MT.
Parent - - By eekpod (****) Date 01-09-2013 11:31
I'd start with MAgnafulx and their website and work from there as you probably know they are one of the most popular.  This way you have a baseline to compare against.
Good luck
Parent - - By supermoto (***) Date 01-09-2013 19:53
I am getting some quotes from two companies one is Magnaflux

Thanks.

If anyone else can help me out with specifics for using a Bench or any little tricks or really good equipment that you use would be very helpful.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 01-09-2013 20:01
Maybe you can talk with Bill Sr. or Bill Jr. at (PQT)Plumbstead Qualification Training in Greenville, SC. I used a pretty nice wet bench in their shop during my week in class several years ago.

http://www.pqt.net/
http://www.pqt.net/contact.php
(864) 292-1115 Office
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / MT Bench Equipment?