Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / soundproofing
- - By swank (*) Date 02-04-2003 01:25
hello folks. i'm trying to get a shop together in a house that is zoned light industrial with a house that is zoned residential across the street. therefore, no sound can leave my property. has anyone dealt with, seen, heard of, or come in any contact with soundproofing materials or inexpensive alternatives? any help would be much appreciated.
Parent - By DGXL (***) Date 02-04-2003 01:57
Dodge-Regupol in Lancaster, PA. Look em up.
Parent - - By billvanderhoof (****) Date 02-05-2003 02:55
The best soundproofing you can get would be for those people across the street to be your friends. Talk to them, invite them over to see what you do, maybe build them a railing or something.
Bill
Parent - By swank (*) Date 02-05-2003 04:30
that was my original idea but has ended in disaster. the street is more like an alley and they have already notified the city (actually a very small town). sooo, to continue with my growing hobby/new business i have no choice but to make sure that no sound leaves the shop. oh yeah, it isn't my day job so sometimes i need to work late into the night, which is where the problem starts. i have come to proper enough terms with the guy that he said he wouldn't complain as long as i only worked when he wasn't home. anyway, thanks for the help folks, i checked the above website but the soundproofing page was down. i'll keep looking.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / soundproofing