Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Houston Pipeline & Meter
- - By Superflux (****) Date 01-27-2013 02:31 Edited 01-27-2013 02:38
So, I come down here to Oil City to winter out and build this here Meter Station (OK, I don't, but I get to WATCH them build it, alright!). Got a 24" line coming in from Pasadena in a few weeks and Tie In to 4 existing pipes  where Crude can be transfered and sent in all different directions
Been a lot of fun and a LOT of RAIN. The water in the trench that's caved is probably 8 feet deep from one rain storm. The trench was not quite that wide when we left it the night before...
Them BIG honking 24" Valves are nearly half a million clams apiece!
And then I had to run off that visitor for being on the site without proper PPE! Still expecting the Green Peace hippies from Austin to show up any day and try to shut us down for disturbing the "wetlands".
All in all though, having a blast. Good food, Great people. Hooked up with my best friend (gal pal) that I've known for 40 years, and met some new friends, and of course got a great crew to work with and keep me entertained.
Anyways, just had to show off that valve manifold. Pretty impressive station... they Do make stuff big down here in Texas!
Attachment: valves.JPG (51k)
Attachment: ditch.JPG (75k)
Attachment: visitor.JPG (65k)
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 01-28-2013 01:28
Nice lap pool you got there John!!
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 01-28-2013 14:45
NExt time I see that long necked pale fella on site he better have a headache hat, glasses and steel toes or I am calling OSHA!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Houston Pipeline & Meter