Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / does my heart good
- - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 02-23-2013 22:26
Dad is a little beat up after his last gig....stuff needed to get done.  My boys stepped up to the plate and went at it for me.  They are patching holes in my highly abused bottom toolboxes to keep my stuff from getting soaked.

I am just as proud of them for this as I am them hitting a ball to the fence or scoring points on the court.
Parent - By ron.chapman (*) Date 02-23-2013 23:30
man i can only imagine my kids are still young but I know the days coming when they start doing stuff that blows my mind.  Im happy for you! I love the feelings my kids give me I can only imagine them doing something like that for me. Its cool seeing your kids follow your footsteps nothing like being a father
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 02-24-2013 14:01
Nice!! Same feeling I get when I get home after killing myself all day and they've vacuumed the house, washed dishes or even started cooking dinner!!
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 02-25-2013 00:28
Tommy,  Good for you guy:lol::lol::lol::lol: Seein' youngsters doin' something in your foot steps makes all the B.S. you put up with, worth it!!!!!! I have two girls and both worked in my shop during summer vacations!!!!!!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile: My oldest ran a pipe bending machine and ended up doing a report for school on it!!!!!!(video demo. & wearin' a hard hat, green jacket & safety glasses) My youngest painted ( primed & 2 finish coats) a barrier fence system for a V.A. hospital all the way around the ground floor perimeter!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:(thought she would of baled half way through but she didn't).......:smile::smile::smile::smile: The oldest went to Vet Tech. school & works at a major Vet hospital in Pittsburgh.....& the other is going to Slippery Rock College for English/Literature........Neither one wants anything to do with Metal Working after those summers but the memories I have of them are pricelesss:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:!!!!!!!!!
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 02-26-2013 23:37
Thanks. I'd rather read this than the usual bummer stories in the newspaper.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / does my heart good