Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / how to call the test report for the welding consumables
- - By yyq4794 (**) Date 03-13-2013 00:54
As I know, each plate has a test report called Mill test report(MTR)
My question is how to call the test report for the welding consumables, also a MTR or other words?
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-13-2013 04:04
The filler metals manufactured to AWS/ASME filler metal specifications are identified by the label on the outside of the container. The label is the manufacturer’s certification the filler metal meets the applicable requirements of the AWS or ASME filler metal specification.

If the purchaser requires something more definitive, the purchase order must specify what supporting documentation and what level of testing by the manufacturer is required.

I suggest you obtain a copy of AWS A5.01 Procurement Guide for Filler Metals from AWS or ASME. It will tell you what information must be provided in your purchase order to get the documentation you need.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By eekpod (****) Date 03-13-2013 10:11
Contact the salesperson or the manufacturer and they can usually get the MTR or C of C (Certifcate of Conformance) for the filler wire. 
If it's a Lincoln product you can go to their website and type in the lot number that's is on the package and print it out immediatly; Lincoln keeps all that info onlline.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Technical Standards & Publications / how to call the test report for the welding consumables