Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Esab wire feeders
- - By CLH1978 (**) Date 03-15-2013 14:10
Hi all !!!  My company is planning to perform weld trials on aluminum with Esab Aristo U6 and U8 wirefeeders in the next few days. We use pulse and spray arc transfers in production. Does anyone have experience or currently use this equipment? Looking for comments and suggestions.

Thanks and have a great Friday!!
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 03-15-2013 17:02
Man! Do you open up a full can of questions with your query! I say this because you leave out application, base metal alloy designation, thickness, preparation for welding, any out of position welding? Shielding gas, welding out put parameters although you did mention the methods of transfer... Joint configuration, what standard/code are you working to... What is the size of the assembly, does it require you to have more than a 25 ft. reach to deposit the welds? Any Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT), anodizing? In other words, as much pertinent details that you can post so that we could give you some recommendations, suggestions...

Btw, those model wire feeders are not a popular model with this crowd because most folks in here use either Lincoln or Miller brand feeders...

Even though there's not  enough info regarding your application, I would suggest a push-pull system if the welding is to be deposited more than 25 ft.from the wire feeder and/or you will be depositing a whole lot of weld using a soft Aluminum wire like 4043... I don't remember if ESAB sells one but, I know MK products & Lincoln Electric do have various models and both work pretty good although I give preference to MK because they're the folks who have had their push-pull systems copied by everyone else so that should tell you something. Someone else will chime I'm sure.:lol: And I'm sure some will disagree with my preferences... Oh well, can't please everyone.:wink:

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Esab wire feeders