Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / WPS/PQR Software
- - By fbrieden (***) Date 03-15-2013 17:12
Any software available which will compare submitted WPS and PQR information and verify acceptability for a given process, material, joint configuration, and parameter set.

Thanks guys!
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 03-16-2013 04:22
What's wrong Fran? Afraid of a little work? :grin:

I don't know of any. There are a few that will help you write the PQR and the WPS, but check them, I don't know of any.

Best regards -Al
Parent - By electrode (***) Date 03-16-2013 17:25
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 03-18-2013 15:07 Edited 03-18-2013 15:10
Check out the products at cspec. http://www.cspec.com/csp-soft.htm

Call and ask for Dustin. He can answer your question and may be able to do a live demo.

I used to.do some support work for them also.

If you are talking about submitted documents for a project, the sofware abive will only check wps ranges with supporting pqrs.

Gerald Austin
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 03-18-2013 16:02
Thanks Gerald, best path so far!
Parent - By ozniek (***) Date 04-11-2013 13:56
Hi

Theoretically what you ask would be possible, but in most cases impractical. This is because you will have to essentially "re-type" all your essential variables for both your PQR and WPS into the computer for it to check the ranges. This process will take much longer than just looking through the paperwork yourself. (Unless you just want clerical people doing all this work, in which case they will in any case enter non-sensical information, so not really an option.) In addition, there are almost always additional client specification requirements that are not in line with code requirements, so those you would have to check yourself in any case. Also, there are many "complicating" factors like issues that the design code calls for, which is not directly covered in the welding code. Once you add all of this together, practicality would suggest that this is not a very productive way to go.

Maybe someday somebody will made the interface so that the documents are just scanned in, and the computer interprets without further intervention, giving you all your qualified ranges etc. then we would be talking, but then I guess most of us will be out of a job!

Regards
Ozniek
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / WPS/PQR Software