Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / wanted ac/dc tig welding plant single phase
- - By keith murphy Date 03-24-2013 20:26
hello i have just joined and dont see a welcome section,so hello to every body firstly :smile:
im a welder in ireland and i am looking for a single phase welding plant for the european
power supply,i intend to weld aluminium materials,and stainless also,both from 1mm section
to about 20mm,i currently work for a company welding airfoil engine parts
also is there any where i can get indept info on aluminium alloys
both welding procedures,preperations,and also all the different types of alloys or series of aluminiums
alloys,any help would be appreciated
and thank you in advance
Keith
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 03-25-2013 01:43
Welcome to the forum.

Here in the US a lot of equipment is available new and used on eBay, and We have another popular internet based service cald Craigslist where goods and services can be advertised. I don't know if You have something similar to Craigslist or not.

If You buy something offered in Your local area, voltage & frequency should not be a problem.

Some of the people on this forum have worked in Your line of work, and may be able to tell You more about the aluminum and high temperature alloys used.
Parent - - By keith murphy Date 04-02-2013 22:54
thank you so much dave ive never tryed craigs list..and yes i would love to get some info on what i spoke about in the last email/post...
Parent - By Sourdough (****) Date 04-03-2013 14:35
Welcome my Irish friend! I have an Ltec water cooled tig unit, but it wouldn't be any good to you, (its 3 phase). Have fun on the forum, for its a melting pot of information and character. C.R. O'Sullivan.
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / wanted ac/dc tig welding plant single phase