Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / API 610
- - By maxilimiano (**) Date 04-01-2013 00:52
Dear Masters

Is API 610 release Certificate of Authority to Use The Official API Monogram for centrifugal Pump Manufacturer.

Because there is not API 610 list pump in API website. That make me confused.

Thanks for any infomation

Best regards
mx
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 04-01-2013 23:46
Me too. Lets be confused together as I have NO idea what you are talking about except API 610 is the standard for Centrifugal Pumps. Google is my friend.
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 04-02-2013 19:42
I guess I understood what Maximiliano is asking for.

1st. No API standard is downloaded for free for the very simple reason that API standards are sold and they're not cheap. In fact, selling standards (AWS among them) is a way technical societies have to earn money and pay the expenses they have.

2nd. If I understood well, Maximiliano is asking if a pump manufacturer who makes pumps under API 610 standard is entitled to stick a Monogram on his pumps stating that the pump meets API's approval.
This I don't know. However, I suspect that in order to stick that monogram the manufacturer should pass an examination and inspection from API, which are to be revalidated from time to time.

I suggest Maximiliano to get in touch with API either by phone or a written letter and ask them. Don't send e-mails, that kind of e-mails are seldom, if ever, enswered.

Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - - By maxilimiano (**) Date 04-03-2013 00:57
Thanks for your suggestion Mr. Giovanni S. Crisi from Sao Paulo Brazil, your 2nd guess is correct..sorry about that.

If you don't mind I want ask again about the difference about COMPLY, FULLY COMPLY and ACCORDING?? Which higher level..

Because sometimes I found that statement from manufacturer of pump that their product is COMPLY, FULLY COMPLY or ACCORDING to API 610.

Regards
maxilimiano
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 04-03-2013 22:36
Max,
Your question should be answered by someone in  this Forum who has a thorough knowledge on how the authorization to use a Monograph is granted, which I don't. Sorry.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Parent - By maxilimiano (**) Date 04-03-2013 23:49
Okey Mr Geo, Thanks a lot.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / API 610