Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / IS POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT required to weld above two meta
- - By vignesh5585 (*) Date 04-19-2013 11:56
S S PIPE 14" SCH 120 (A-358 GR-316L   CL-1)

C S PIPE 14" SCH 140 (A-106 GR-B)

Electrode used is E-309L

process used is  GTAW(root + hotpass)+SMAW(filling + capping)...(FILLER USED is 309L+ E-309L)

IS POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT  required to weld above two metal ...if yes then please suggest supporting specification

while going through ASME B31.3 SUB SEC 331.2.3... PARAGRAPH (a) and (b) i noticed  POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT is required for dissimilar metal... but still am not sure ..plzz help me out...
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-19-2013 14:16
We already started a discussion on this topic under another heading. 

Please don't post it in multiple areas even if you find out it may be better suited somewhere else.  It only confuses things with people responding to one and not the other, or trying to keep up with two separate conversations.

If the mods think it necessary they will move the thread to another topic area.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 04-19-2013 20:50 Edited 04-19-2013 20:54
IMHO, I think the Mods should move the original thread and merge it with this thread and keep it here since this section is about discussing ASME codes.:eek::yell::twisted::wink::cool:

Which do you think is easier to do John??? Bring it here or send this over there???

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-19-2013 21:55
I do agree with that conclusion Henry.  My main point was that it should not be double posted and as we were not aware until later that the code involved was ASME the first response was non-code specific. 

Oh where Oh Where is our mod John?  Hello John.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 04-20-2013 00:10
Brent, Henry,
Who are the Mods?

Giovanni S. Crisi
São Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 04-20-2013 01:56
Professor,
The Forum has Administrators and Moderators who make sure things stay reasonably well within certain set perameters.  They have the ability to move threads, lock threads, edit posts, etc.

As to 'WHO' they are, a little search will give you the usernames for the admins in the Forum Info.  The mods I have not seen a list of but we know at least one of them is a regular contributor here on the forum.  I will let him reveal himself if he so desires.

He could move and clean up the matter of having two threads with the same topic in separate area if he thought it was beneficial to the discussion.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
- By weldktm Date 05-30-2013 15:54
You could have a look to this link:
http://www.weldinguide.com/gdanastasiadis/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12
Up Topic Welding Industry / ASME Codes / IS POST WELD HEAT TREATMENT required to weld above two meta