Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I'm like the Jeffersons!
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-27-2013 21:40
I'm moving on up!! At least this week I am. Doing shop work on this bridge and fabricating the steel. I've had a guy working for me for the last 2 weeks, cranking some hours and this week I hired another temporary guy(I know him) to help out. We had one guy on the drill press all day, one guy did slotted holes with the plasma all day and I cut steel, measured and made templates for the other two guys!

We got a shyte load of work done, don't really look like it cause its all smaller stuff but I have been sitting back looking at how fast everything goes when I'm not doing EVERYTHING!!! Not to mention when you tally the hours and look at what you have turned, :grin:

Need one more guy, somebody who can do layout and things, a shop and a gooseneck and I can start running around bidding more stuff!

Ahhhhh, glad this year is going well so far, thanking the big man above!
Parent - - By Tyrone (***) Date 05-28-2013 10:52
Glad to hear you're enjoying the bridge gig.
Now you just need to balance out the hands-on with the bidding stuff.  Maybe hire 1/2 a man!

Tyrone
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-28-2013 11:14
Haha!! Yeah!
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 05-29-2013 01:52
Glad for ya Shawn...ya sound less stressed out to boot.:cool:
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 05-29-2013 04:18
It's not to bad. Little bit different stress I guess.
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 05-29-2013 11:57
Sort of thing I like to hear. Take care of your energy. It'll run out when you least expect if you're not careful.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / I'm like the Jeffersons!