Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / minimum and maximum root configuration
- - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 06-07-2013 14:26
We have been given a shore from one of our customers to draw a sketch showing our minimum and maximum root configuration of a joint. We mostly build by a print and D1.1, D17.1, D1.2 all has deferent sizes on the root. Any help well is appreciated.

M.G.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-07-2013 16:03
Why can't you use something like the details in D1.1 Clause 3 for Prequalified Joints with a chart that shows the specified per process and then the allowable tolerances.  Your chart would not only show your company's various processes but also list them according to the different codes.  That way you can cover all the codes and processes that you would be apt to use with only one sketch/detail. 

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 06-07-2013 21:16
Thanks Brent for getting my brain working, that is what I'm going to do.

M.G.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-07-2013 21:39
No problem.  Probably lots of ways it could be done but that is the first thing that popped into my mind.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-07-2013 22:38
What the heck is a "shore?"

Al
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 06-07-2013 23:15
Chore, AL I made mistake. Have you ever made one, AL. LOL

M.G.
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-07-2013 23:20
Milton I'm not throwing a stone, I thought it might be something I was not familiar with.

RFI, RFQ, there are so many acronyms being used, it is sometimes hard to keep up.

You had me scratching my head.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 06-08-2013 01:37
The way people abbreviate everything even when they are not texting is annoying.  And often confusing.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 06-08-2013 04:25
It isn't so much that I find it annoying, it’s just that I'm too stupid to decode it to figure out what they are trying to say. ROTFLMAO! Hell's bells man!

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how to use my newfangled cell phone. My old phone had a crank on it and a dial that went ticky, ticky, ticky every time you used it. Now the phone goes beep, ding, dong, ping every time you push one of the buttons. Then it saves everything to voice mail, but I can never figure out how to get the darn thing to tell me who called.

All these new gizmos and gadgets! And none of them are good for more than six months before they need to be replaced with something newer and betterer!

I wanted to buy a new laptop, but the salesman told me I would have to learn how to use something called Windows 8. What’s wrong with DOS or Fortran?

I looked at a CAD program, but I couldn’t figure where the T-square fit into the picture. I tried to draw a circle with my compass and the screen went black. I tried to erase a line and it scratched the damn screen. I don’t know what to do. I guess I’ll have to stick with paper and pencil.

Bet regards – Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / minimum and maximum root configuration