Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / NCRC
- - By JPSweld (*) Date 07-15-2013 16:51
Does anyone know if the NCRC (National Career Readiness Certificate) certificates are usefull across the industry?
Parent - - By qcrobert (***) Date 07-17-2013 13:06
Oregon used to have a certificate showing that a person was proficient in reading, math and english - it was called a High School Diploma.
Parent - By JTMcC (***) Date 07-18-2013 19:59
That's funny......but really not.

The pendulum is swinging (back) toward "not everbody has to go to a 4 year university", vocational ed (not as dirty word) is making somewhat of a comeback. Some of it's due to the fact not everbody is geared to sit in a cubicle all day year after year. Some of it's due to the debt load (look it up :o) that comes with a 4 year degree today.

A lot of people should be on a bachelors/advanced degree track, a lot of people shouldn't. But the non university bound student does need a solid fundamental secondary education. That's a slowly vanishing item.

J
Parent - By JPSweld (*) Date 07-24-2013 10:22
yeah, i thought so too, this being my 7th year in school im sure ive got it covered but it is a couple of steps in a series that siemans requires for employment.  I was just wondering if anyone knew if I could use them anywhere else.
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 07-17-2013 13:24
JPSweld

Josh to hear them talk it up you do.

Maybe next year?

But in my 45 years I have not a need for one nor heard of it till a couple of years ago in an unsolicited email.

Just My ΒΆΒΆ's

Marshall
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / NCRC