Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Schools In The St. Louis Area
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-29-2013 01:02
Anybody have a line on a good welding school in St. Louis? Got a friend who has been talking about it and told him I'd check on here and see if there were any reputable places up there...or down there based on my current location. Thanks!

Shawn
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 08-29-2013 01:35
I would encourage him to check the welding schools locator at our own AWS website.  That would be the best resource for a first cut.  IMHO.

Then he would be armed with a list of prospects, and might be able to Google for first hand war stories.

And besides AWS, there are the Hobart and Miller forums, and some third rate fly by night welding website...

Here is the link:

http://www.aws.org/w/e/
- By exwelder1 Date 08-29-2013 13:42
I am located in the st louis area, i actually went to tulsa welding school but don't get me or anyone else started on it. There are a few schools in the area, a junior college near Centralia, illinois Kaskaskia college i have heard they have a decent all around welding program. There is another tech school in Decatur i can't remember the name of it but they due have a good welding program with some thought on downhill, Also i alot of the union's have great apprenticeship programs in this area, you have to remember St. Louis is on a major river with a ton of barge manufacturing and repair, and also near the a major oil hub in Patoka, Il. If a guy could get into a good shop or get on with any of the many pipeline maintence contractors may be a way to get paid to learn.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Schools In The St. Louis Area