Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WPS/PQR Topic
- - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 09-19-2013 17:02
We have a D1 topic thread and ASME   why not a PQR/WPS topic group for related comments and questions?
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-19-2013 17:08
Just thinking outloud here......WPSs and PQRs are generally performed to D1 or ASME codes so wouldn't they fall into one of those forum sections? :wink:
Parent - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 09-19-2013 19:48
Thats true, prob would get much action anyways
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-19-2013 17:19
Besides, you don't want to clutter up a homepage screen with too many topic areas.  It starts looking for farm codish instead of professional. 

The questions for those get asked under the aforementioned topics as well as 'inspections', 'technical', 'shop', etc.

Most of us check out all new posts when we check in so as long as it has an area where it fits it doesn't seem like a good idea to be always adding topic groups or we would be breaking things down so far that every thread would have it's own topic group. 

Just my two tin pennies worth.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
- By 803056 (*****) Date 09-19-2013 18:07
It seems logical to me to post questions regarding a structural welding code; D1.1, D1.2, D1.5, etc. under the heading D1. Likewise, any questions relative to the ASME B&PV Code or Pressure Piping Codes can be posted under ASME.

General questions relating to WPSs and PQRs as they apply to other welding standards, i.e., API 1104, D17.1, D14.X, etc.  can be posted under the general heading Certification and Qualification.

I don't know that there a any hard and fast rules about where the question has to be posted, but it is nice when they are posted under a somewhat logical heading.

Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / WPS/PQR Topic