Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Oh!! Will Nissan have a one ton truck???
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-20-2013 11:40
Was reading about Cummins and the new ISG platform and found this at the bottom of the article. I remember Toyota or Nissan hinting at a 1 ton truck years ago at one of the auto shows but have not seen anything since. Is Nissan branching out with the Titan? It's only a 5.0L so I suppose being that small it could be in the half ton pickup. Would not mind seeing a Toyota or Nissan 1 ton with a Cummins or a Toyota with a diesel.

"Recently, Cummins’s 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel engine found it was way into Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s (NSANY) next-generation full-size Titan pickup truck. Columbus Engine Plant (CEP) of Cummins is being developed to produce the said engine, which is being integrated into Titan as part of a partnership between Cummins and the automaker. The partnership promises mutual benefit. While Cummins is expanding its business, Nissan is expected to win a larger customer base."

Here's the article,

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cummins-intros-heavy-duty-engine-202503501.html
Parent - By Dualie (***) Date 09-21-2013 03:58
Cummins luck with V engines hasn't been the greatest.    I wouldn't rush out and pick up the first one you see.
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 09-21-2013 10:32
From a *target your market* point of view, most private purchasers of one ton trucks are us "Good ol' boys" and tend to buy an American made truck. I know, it's just the decals because a Tacoma might be more American made than your 1500 whatever.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-21-2013 10:42
Think Tacoma's might be made in Alabama somewhere, might be wrong or maybe the Titan. I know a lot of your Nissan cars are made right here in Tennessee along with the engines, the seat frames are made not far from my house and finished at another plant not far away before being sent to Nissan. I hear what your saying though my "good ol' boy dogde" was made in Mexico if I'm lucky it's old enough the Cummins was actually built here in the States.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Oh!! Will Nissan have a one ton truck???