Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Dodge and the Aisin Automatic
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-05-2013 13:47
I've been eyeballing a new Dodge truck here lately.  I'm swaying towards a 4500  due to capacity, 4  door for sure!  I'm curious if ya'll  on here can give me any positive our negatives on the Aisin  Automatic?  seems like it has 180k  warranty on it but if it breaks down a  lot and spends more time in the shop than making money,  well,  you get the picture.  Would go with the six speed if need be but curious about the Aisin.
I have also browsed the Ford line as another option but I do have an affection for the mighty Cummins!  Chevy,  not an  option. With no available 4500, coil front suspension and throw in the fact I just don't like their truck and they get eliminated.

Thoughts on the Aisin,  Dodge overall?  Thoughts on the new  Ford 6.7,  truck overall?  I  love my 2002  dodge but with the travel I'm doing I think a  four for would be awesome for carrying tv, dvd,  bags,  gear.  The  heavier capacity,  if I got the auto I think that would rock,  rowing the gears is getting a  bit old after 25  years.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-05-2013 18:29
Mods you can remove this mistake. Somehow posted three times...:roll:
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Dodge and the Aisin Automatic