Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Dodge and the Aisin Automatic
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-05-2013 13:48
I've been eyeballing a new Dodge truck here lately.  I'm swaying towards a 4500  due to capacity, 4  door for sure!  I'm curious if ya'll  on here can give me any positive our negatives on the Aisin  Automatic?  seems like it has 180k  warranty on it but if it breaks down a  lot and spends more time in the shop than making money,  well,  you get the picture.  Would go with the six speed if need be but curious about the Aisin.
I have also browsed the Ford line as another option but I do have an affection for the mighty Cummins!  Chevy,  not an  option. With no available 4500, coil front suspension and throw in the fact I just don't like their truck and they get eliminated.

Thoughts on the Aisin,  Dodge overall?  Thoughts on the new  Ford 6.7,  truck overall?  I  love my 2002  dodge but with the travel I'm doing I think a  four door would be awesome for carrying tv, dvd,  bags,  gear.  The  heavier capacity,  if I got the auto I think that would rock,  rowing the gears is getting a  bit old after 25  years.
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-05-2013 13:51
stupid  phone..... mods,  if you want to remove the other two threads duplicate  threads please do.  Had an issue with my  not so smart phone.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 10-05-2013 17:08
Now Shawn, is that not so smart phone or is it possibly..................not so smart operator, just saying. Hope you know I am poking fun. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-05-2013 18:25
Haha!! Could be both or yep, me!! :lol::lol:
Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 10-06-2013 07:10
I have a 2011 3500 4 door 4x4 dually with the 6.7 and six speed auto. Love the truck! I've had many different trucks over the years and the new Ram is my favorite by far. My 08 ford was the last ford diesel i will ever own. Total piece of garbage! We have several new ford, chevy and Ram trucks where i work. I have driven all of them and I wouldn't have a new chevy if it were given to me! The fords are just like my 08 was, they like to spend too much time in the ford garage. If ford actually decides to keep this engine design for more than just a couple years they will get the bugs worked out of it. I learned a VERY expensive lesson with my 08!!! Never again will i buy a new unproven diesel. Ford had it made with the 7.3 but since then its been a crap shoot. Dealing with ford with all the problems i had with my 08 left me never wanting to own another ford ever again. Screwing over our customers should be their slogan!

I do a lot of heavy towing with my Ram. Not one problem in 60k miles so far. I removed all the emission BS and use a H&S mini max. Fuel mileage is better than my 06 5.9 and way more power. None of the new trucks are built to last a lifetime like they used to be. IMO the Ram is the more reliable truck currently.
- - By Dualie (***) Date 10-06-2013 05:29
I will say the new 6.7L ford is a freight train.    I just don't know if i want to own one out of warranty.      Also a bad load of fuel in one will cost you 12K
Parent - - By JeremyW83 (***) Date 10-07-2013 01:59
Shaun
I have a new '13 3500 CC RAM 4x4 with the Aisin.  So far I love it and the mileage is pretty decent.  The SCR and DEF really help.  Just make sure that the window sticker says Aisin under transmission.  Whole nother story on how I know this.  Also not sure what ratios are available and try to keep it low as possible.  Don't need a lot with the Aisin from what I've read on the CumminsForum.  I wish you good luck on deciding.  Also the seats are absolutely amazing compared to a 2nd Gen.  Also the radios take so e time to get used to.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-09-2013 11:13
Thanks Jeremy. It seems like a heck of a truck for sure and kind of liked the whole not shifting gear thing on my test drive. We'll see what happens I guess.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Dodge and the Aisin Automatic