Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Finding the Right School
- - By Access_Denied Date 10-19-2013 17:22
Hey, All.
I am looking to go to school for welding, but I am having such a hard time figuring out which programs are legitimate.
Does a school have to be SENSE registered in order to be worth going to?
Are there any indicators that I should look out for?

Thank you for any and all advice.
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 10-19-2013 18:08
Hello Access_Denied, this question has been asked many times and lengthy replies have been posted in response to this very question. I do not mean to sound demeaning with my response so please don't take this as a negative, but, try using the search function that is available on the tool bar and type in such topics as: how to choose a good welding program, which programs are worth looking into, and any other topic phrases that you can think of. There are very at-length explanations that could satisfy your question. Right now I don't have the time to go in-depth to give you a good response. Some basics are: is the program accredited in anyway through any national or regional agencies, is the school associated with any trade unions, do local businesses/industries recognize and hire the graduates of this program, check with local AWS chapters for their suggestions and assessments of various programs. Talk to graduates and students of these programs and if you can "interview" the instructors. Just some of these basics should give you an idea of the validity and value of what a program has to offer. Good luck on your quest and keep us posted and be sure to ask specific questions as you progress. Regards, Allan
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Finding the Right School