Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Nine year Re-up
- - By unclematt (***) Date 10-20-2013 14:48
Good Morning;
I am still a good five years from having to worry about the nine year renewal but not too early to think about it I suppose. I was wondering if any of you knew how many PDH's were awarded for attending the section meetings? I took a welding class at the local community college through my employer that awarded me a little over 9 CEU's, which according to what I read, equals about 90 PDH's. Is what I read correct? Will this type of class be recognized by AWS for the nine year renewal? I have been laid up for over a year after having two neck surgeries and just found out that I will be laid up for maybe another year. The pain in my shoulders never got better so I went to the doc and they found a cartilage tear along with some other stuff in both my shoulders which can only be fixed surgically. So I will have even more time. I also read that at least 20-30 of these hours must be done in the final three years? I have been thinking about getting my AS in welding and now may be a good time to start. I would think that any class that is associated with welding would qualify for the nine year thing but I have been wrong on many, many occasions. I hope you all have a good day.

Thanks for your time;
Matt
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 10-20-2013 22:30
Matt;

Review QC1. Everything you need to know is in there. Basically, if you can relate a course of study to one of the job responsibilities listed in Table 5.1, you should be awarded credit toward the 9 year recertification.

The course has to be offered/open to the public, you have to submit a syllabus of the course, a certificate of completion, etc. Its all in QC1.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By unclematt (***) Date 10-21-2013 00:25
Thank you sir.

Have a good evening;
Matt
- By hvymax (**) Date 10-22-2013 15:49
You can use teaching /testing as well. I can also apply QA/QC to almost any jobs I do as well.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Nine year Re-up