Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / SA-200 Recently Refurbished Welds Great!!
- - By Lanse Date 10-28-2013 00:48
PICTURES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST (email)

Today I'm selling this nice 1968 Lincoln SA200!! Its a good, solid reliable work horse and features:

-New Rheostat
-New Paint
-Like new tires (~1,200 miles)
-VERY recent oil change
-New Jack
-New 2" Ball Hitch
-New Faceplate ( + Stainless Hardware)
-New Insulators
-New starter switch
-Believed to be a VERY low hour machine

Runs and welds like a dream, and pulls great, too...

Its been load-bank tested (A-okay), and I've fixed it up some.

Mechanically, its untouched except for an oil change, of course. All original. Cosmetically, I've had some body work done to it, and given her a new paint job. The trailer is an original Lincoln Electric trailer, with a 2" ball hitch (slightly modified).

I really do love this machine, I worked it off a fab shop in Wisconsin earlier this year, and brought it home with me. I welded with it, and gave it the TLC it needed, but I also realized that I dont really *need* a machine like this. Its big and powerful, but i VERY rarely do field work and 99% of what I do, can be done in the shop.

It was fun for a while, but I've got a lot in this machine, and dont exactly have a need for it. Its time for this ole girl to find a new home...

Now, although this machine is in GREAT shape and welds like an SA 200 should, she isnt perfect. Like I said, this wasnt a nut-and-bolt restoration. There are two known issues:

1) Side skirts dont ALWAYS stay closed. The springs in the latches are worn and I'm not sure how to replace them.
2) She doesnt ALWAYS idle down properly. She will 4 out of 5 times for me, but I think something up with that idler.

Still a solid, full performing machine tho...
It comes with the pictured side skirts, and the original face plate, and a handful of other things.

Asking $3800, price negotiable. Cash is strongly preferred, but I'd be willing to accept paypal if you cover the fees.

Local pickup, or buyer arranges shipping. Would deliver for $3/loaded mile. I'm in Southern Ohio, ZIP code 45309.

If you're interested, come weld with it!!

Please contact me by emailing me at ChuckE2009Business@yahoo.com

Alternatively, you can reply to my post and have me contact you.

Thanks for looking!!

(I'm posting this here FIRST, hoping to sell without going through Ebay's fees and hassles. If she doesnt sell in a few weeks, then I'll put her up for auction)
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-28-2013 12:51
Hi Lance, and "Welcome."
This "forsale" forum is for use by our members, so I'm hoping that you will continue to participate with us in the future and not just use our board for yard sale items.

Good luck with your sale and hope to see you contribute in the future to the great forum for all things regarding welding and joining of materials.

Up Topic Welders and Inspectors / Welding Equipment Classifieds / SA-200 Recently Refurbished Welds Great!!