Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Stupied People
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-28-2013 10:48
Got this in my email,

Dear Friend,

I apologize if the contents here under are contrary to your moral ethics, but please treat with absolute secrecy and personal.
With due regards, my name is Mr. Meng Edwin, the business manager of auditing and accounting department with a prime financial corporation here in South East Asia.

There is a draft account opened with our corporation in January 5th 2006 by a long-time client of mine whom i am his direct account officer, he was a CEO/a textile company owner, business man, a miner at Kruger mining company here in my Country, before he passed away on the November 16th 2007 by car accident which includes his wife and two children along leaving nobody as the representative to his account after his death.

The amount in this account is currently $28, 625, 370.00. I want to present you as the representative also I will use my position and influence in our firm to make sure the firm releases fund to you for us to share.

Kindly get back to me for more details/identification.

Thanks,
Mr Edwin Meng.

Hahaha!!! I think I'll reply and give him my information......:roll::roll: Sometimes I wonder if the crooks are really smart or if they are just lucky enough to find somebody dumber or more gullible than they are.
Parent - By Tyrone (***) Date 10-28-2013 11:36
Can't believe this scam is still floating around.

The crooks are just playing the numbers.  Eventually they will find someone that's desparate, gullible, or senile that will send them money in hope of millions in return.
If this scam is still around when I'm 100, I'll give them a call...
Tyrone
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 10-28-2013 15:12
Ask him to forward $10,000, to an account of your choosing, to cover all "Fiduciary Responsibility Fees" that may be incurred by the transaction.  I do this every time I get one of these.  Strange that I never hear back from them.
Parent - By mcostello (**) Date 10-29-2013 02:41
We have a used machinery dealer who is a good enough bs'er that a person actually sent him a check to cover his expenses. Seen the check, he is afraid to try  cash it.
Parent - By Rafter_G_Weldin (***) Date 10-29-2013 02:48
I always reply with send me half up front so I know its not a scam. Still waiting lol
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 11-03-2013 13:46
A former coworker of mine got an "official" looking letter in the mail from the Canadian lottery office.  Apparently he won $10, 000 in a lottery up there.....although never having gone to Canada.  They even sent him the check.   He had to deposit it and send them a check of his for $2500 for taxes.  He did and when the a Canadian check bounced, as I said it would, he was devastated.   "It had the Canadian emblem on it" he said. 
Lmao
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Stupied People