Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Inspection Facilities in or around Jefferson City, MO
- - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-07-2013 17:34
We were contacted by a friend with his own business just south of Jefferson City, MO.  He needs some guys qualified in SMAW.  As he and my son are about the same age and have been very good friends for over 20 years he has been very insistent on flying him out there and doing the testing in order to spend some time together. 

My question, in order to complete this while there we will need someone with a shop to cut the samples and maybe bend them.  I say maybe bend them so we don't have to ship our bender both ways.  If we shipped the bender I still need a press to put it in.  So do we know anyone in the western MO area that does welder qualifications?   Or, at least someone with a saw and bender? 

We will monitor the tests and label the coupons, deliver them, and do the final paperwork.  I just need a little help with the prep and bending. 

Thanks guys.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By Hughes Welding (*) Date 11-08-2013 17:09
Mexico Mo there is an AWS acreditited facility.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-08-2013 17:12
I looked up all of them in and around MO.  I saw that one, but thank you for responding.  Right off hand, do you know how far Mexico, MO is from Jefferson City?  I haven't looked it up yet.  (Seems rather .... ? going to Mexico to get certifications done in MO... :lol:  :confused:  )

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By fschweighardt (***) Date 11-08-2013 18:04
bout 50 miles
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-08-2013 19:42
Thanks guys, I also noticed that the one at Linn is even closer.  The Technical Center there has ATF status as well.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Inspection Facilities in or around Jefferson City, MO