Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Thank you Al
- - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-08-2013 13:57
Re-Found a great article this morning.

You have saved me many hours in preparation!

Thank you very much

http://www.aws.org/itrends/2011/01/InspectionTrends_201101/pubData/source/InspectionTrends_201101.pdf
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-08-2013 15:35
I am happy there is someone that found the article helpful. However, which of the two articles did you find useful?

Best regards -Al
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-08-2013 16:04
Ha.... "Tips for using Fillet Weld Gauges"

Dealing with some overwelding issues.  Need to share the love!

I think when that issue of "Inspection Trends" first was published, I was so engrossed in your article on making welding procedures that I totally skipped over your work on measuring fillets :)
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-08-2013 17:13 Edited 11-08-2013 17:19
I have had several requests for copies of the original sketches I made for that article. Unfortunately, I had to give Copyrights to AWS, so I cannot provide them to folks like you. However, I don't believe there is anything preventing you from making copies for your own use.

Glad you found the article useful.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-08-2013 17:10
They were both good articles.  And I have shared both with others. 

IT is a great publication for inspectors.  The staff does an excellent job as do the many authors (myself excluded, anything you may gain from my writings is strictly because of the editorial staff). 

Thanks to Lawrence, I just re-read both those articles Al wrote.  Never hurts to review.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-08-2013 17:19
No reason to be humble Brent. You have written several good articles every CWI/SCWI can use. The articles were enjoyable to read and contained information useful to all CWI/SCWIs.

You did make a valid point about the editing performed by Inspection Trend's staff. In my case they did an excellent job of keeping my articles from looking like they were written by someone with a second grade education.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-08-2013 17:27
See, you were already ahead of my kindergarten  level writing skills.  And they managed to fool even you with the content  :lol:

No, thank you Al.  It was a pleasure writing the articles.  And they definitely make it an easy process.

You may be mistaken about the use of your copyrighted material though.  You might check with Mary Ruth.  Those things are so complicated to me though that I tend to be very careful myself in using them after they get published.  When using one for a Section meeting I usually change the format quite a bit even though she has assured me that when used for educational purposes at section meetings there is no problem.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By MRWeldSoCal (***) Date 11-08-2013 18:07
you wouldnt happen to have the issues that have the other three articles do you? I was able to print 1 of them but not sure which issues hold the others.

Jordan
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Thank you Al