Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AWS CRI Certified Radiographic Interpreter seminar
- - By JSDCWI40J Date 11-12-2013 03:43
Hello all,
      First of all, this is my first post on the AWS forum. Second, I am a CWI and work in the oil and gas industry dealing with construction of well site, pipeline and compressor stations. With my CWI responsibilities is auditing of the X-ray film that comes in daily. I am planning on taking the CRI seminar and exam next year. With the CRI cert. I feel it would be better for auditing film with an  accredidation. I was wondering who or has anybody been threw the seminar and have any thoughts, ideas or helpful tips and what to expect in prepping for the class.

Thanks
Jeff
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-12-2013 12:41
Jeff,

WELCOME TO THE AWS WELDING FORUM!!

Thanks for joining us. 

http://www.aws.org/certification/CRI/    If you haven't checked it out already, this link will take you to the web page describing the CRI seminar and exam.  Even though it sounds like you are already involved with the process, I would recommend the seminar.  It will get you headed in the correct direction regarding the exam.  There are free books involved.  Some of which you may already have or are available as free downloads.  I would recommend looking over the list and studying any that you can get your hands on ahead of time.  You can always sell the duplicates or pass them on to someone else. 

If you have not kept up your AWS Membership, part of the additional cost for the seminar and exam go toward a year's worth of membership.  I recommend staying current.  There are many advantages to keeping it: Publications discounts, seminar discounts, notices of local section meetings, the Welding Journal (monthly), and the Inspection Trends (for current members who are CWI's), and more.

Oh, and the CRI exam is good for PDH's in order to not have to take your next nine year renewal by Part B exam.  It counts as an Endorsement qualification.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / AWS CRI Certified Radiographic Interpreter seminar