Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Expo & Fabtech
- - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-13-2013 16:35
Hey folks,

I'm gonna be there Mon evening-Thursday morning

If anybody wants to network or check stuff out together or anything else send me a PM and we can exchange cell numbers etc.

Except for Al.........  We can pick a section, start a fire, and send him smoke signals so he can locate us without a cell phone.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-13-2013 16:36
:lol: :lol:
Parent - By TimGary (****) Date 11-13-2013 17:23
Sounds great!
PM sent

Tim
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-13-2013 17:43
Go ahead and laugh at my expense. Just remember, the smoke signals never get disconnected in the middle of a conversation (except when the wind starts to gust). It really gets the Fire Marshal ticked when the hall gets all smoked up! You just have to out run them when you see them coming with a fire extinguisher in hand.

See you at the show!

Al
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-13-2013 17:58
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-13-2013 18:54
FYI

Continuing Education Credits
Individuals who attend AWS education programs are awarded 1 PDH (Professional Development Hour) for each hour of education program attendance. Individuals seeking FMA Recertification Credits will be awarded 2 credits for each conference session attended (forming & fabricating, cutting, or finishing tracks) plus an additional 2 credits for attending the show. Individuals who attend SME education programs may be eligible to receive one credit per hour attended toward their SME-managed recertification requirements.
Parent - By Stringer (***) Date 11-16-2013 15:19
Spent my Chicago money on log splitter (hate to see her out there with that axe when it's icy) but can we count on some sort of live twitter feed from you guys?
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-16-2013 16:06
PDH's are indeed easy to accumulate in Chicago, or at any of the Fabtech venues.  A great opportunity for learning and skipping the Part B.

Sorry I won't be able to be there this year.  Made the last Chicago and then Las Vegas where I spent a great day with the notorious Al.  He even used a CELL PHONE to call me and meet up. 

Have fun guys.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 99205 (***) Date 11-16-2013 17:26
I'm in Chicago for Thanksgiving but the job needs me back the following Monday.
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-16-2013 21:03
Well, if you are already there or going to be there this coming week... Fabtech is the 18th thru 21st.  Thanksgiving isn't until the 28th.  Getting home in time for the call to work isn't the problem.  Getting to Chicago early to have a day or more of education, window shopping, networking, and all around fun would be the problem as I see your situation.

Don't forget, if you are there early, you could write off the whole trip by making it work related.  Not to mention all those other benefits.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By 99205 (***) Date 11-26-2013 15:44
Late reply because I switched laptops.  I've been at this production facility for 9 months now and without my QC approval, at the end of the weld line, further work stops.  I'm pretty tied up with this job at the moment.  It damn near took a voice from a burning bush to let me take Thanksgiving off.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Expo & Fabtech