Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Happy Thanksgiving
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-27-2013 12:08
I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

I hope each of you are fortunate enough to spend the holiday with your family and friends.

Best regards - Al
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-27-2013 13:12
Amen, and best wishes to you and yours as well Al.

Our family has much to rejoice in and Praise God for this year.  The second grandchild for the year will be born in December bringing our total to 12 grandkids. 

Our 4th child (3rd son) got married in July.  My parents, in their 80's came to AZ from OR with my sister to be at the wedding.  A blessing to have your parents around at that age.  Some of the fourth generation are getting old enough to always remember great-grandma and grandpa. 

Safety has got to be at the top of the list; no life threatening diseases, accidents, etc. 

Decent produce from the garden this year, especially potatoes and green beans but more as well. 

Work for Darrell and I with a job that included him as soon as he got his CWI last April.  The passing of his CWI and then other tests for both of us that now include ICC Structural Bolting and Welding Special Inspections Certifications. 

The selling of most of our shop equipment to give us the money to add Certifications and equipment for our new direction into all inspections work. 

A good church and friends to help us on our way and give godly counsel when needed.

A country, despite growing disagreements about it's direction, that is still the greatest on this earth (don't get me wrong those who are from other areas, this is not to put you down.  England and Ireland were a great experience for us this past year- another blessing).  The opportunities to earn a living, provide for our families, worship free, speak free, hunt and fish, protect ourselves, and so much more are among our blessings that so many others don't understand and cannot realize why we fight so vehemently to preserve them.

My wife of 36, going on 37 years.  Working hard to keep up our home and property while I have been away on jobs.  Working hard to keep my business books and pay home and business bills.  Lost 40 lbs this last couple of years, got some things in balance with the thyroid, diet, and exercise.

We truly have been blessed this year.  I also have been blessed by so many on this forum.  Always there to increase my knowledge and help me advance my understanding of the codes I now live by.  Al, a good friend and mentor, both John Wright and John West, Lawrence, Allen, I could never leave out Henry with all his references and words of guidance and challenges to improve for myself and so many others even though he is in a battle for his life, Glyn, not to mention those we have lost this year who lost their battles but were blessings while amongst us, and those who stopped participating as Shane and others who we miss and were great contributors, and so many more.

Have a very great Thanksgiving and stop and count your blessings and truly give thanks for all you have.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 11-27-2013 13:25
And same to you and everyone else.

Our blessings far outweigh our ability to return them to He who provided them. Just try to pass em on to someone else whenever possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Gerald Austin
Parent - - By Milton Gravitt (***) Date 11-27-2013 17:47
And the same goes from me Happy Thanksgiving and be safe,GOD BLESS.

M.G.
Parent - - By Mwccwi (***) Date 11-27-2013 22:01
Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving to all of our forum family.
Parent - By 46.00 (****) Date 11-28-2013 00:06
Thank you one and all for this forum! Happy Thankgiving! the first for two years that I have missed spending in your great country!

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 11-28-2013 02:09
Hello Al and others, thank you for starting and contributing to this thread. We are all very fortunate in our own unique ways for the lives that we so freely enjoy. A Happy Thanksgiving to all and a special Thanksgiving wish to those who are serving, or have served, here and abroad and their families also, I hope that all of you have an opportunity to enjoy some of the holiday festivities and share them with others. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-28-2013 02:52
Gobble, Gobble Gobble Goooo!!!!!

HAPPY THANKS GIVING!!!

Now where's that darn bird????
Parent - - By unclematt (***) Date 11-28-2013 03:23
Thanks for the well wishes and I wish them back to each and every one of you. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Matt
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 11-28-2013 07:54
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
I am thankful to be employed in a profession I truly love and therefore "work" is not some torturous daily grind.
I am also thankful to have 2 wonderful daughters and a Grandson, blessed with reasonably good health, and an overall great life.
Unfortunately, There is no turkey to be had here in Adana, Turkiye (it's how they spell and pronounce it over here). I am the only American on site. No 4 day holiday weekend off for me.
I'll miss out on the morning parade, traditional meal, and the only football to be had might be a "Futbol" (soccer) game tonight when I get off work between "Muslim-istan" vs. "Banana Republic".
Party on All and have a wonderful Holiday season.

John
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 11-28-2013 13:56
Best wishes to you in your current location John.  We do have much to be thankful for no matter where we are, what nationality we are, what country we hail from or currently reside in, or even the state of our health.  It never seems to amaze me, no matter how bad I think a situation is,  I find someone worse off. 

I am truly blessed.

Again, best wishes, Happy Thanksgiving.  Thankfulness, gratitude, gratefulness are all a matter of character, attitude, and come from a proper spirit.  Our condition is not as much the factor of the level of our thankfulness as our attitude.

Have a Great Day one and all, and thanks for remembering one another, including myself, in all our well wishes,  Brent
Parent - By Chris2626 (***) Date 11-28-2013 17:01
Thanks Al, Happy thanksgiving to you.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-30-2013 11:46
I'm a little late, but Happy Thanksgiving folks! I was on the road to see my Mom, my brothers and their families. Missing my Dad as yesterday was his 78th birthday. We sat around my brother's house and watch old home movies and looked at pictures remembering all of the great times we had with him over the years. I was very thankful for the time with my family this holiday, I hope everyone else had a great time as well. Back at work this AM, so it was a quick trip 6 hrs down and 6 more back but my kids seemed to have to a good time even though it was a rushed trip.
- By weldwade (***) Date 11-28-2013 16:23
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

I am truly blessed and very thankful for all that I have. A truly wonderful family and the ability to live my life as I see fit in the greatest nation in the world. I am greatful to spend this day with family and friends.

Thank you to all those here who have contributed to this great forum. I appreciate your time and knowledge and can say I have learned much and look forward to the future.
- - By 803056 (*****) Date 11-28-2013 20:08
Diner is on, the grand kids are setting up the table, and it is nearly time to give thanks for our family, friends, and good fortune to live in the USA.

I offer my gratitude to all those that have fought to protect our freedoms and to ensure we can enjoy our freedom to worship as we see fit, decide what vocation or profession we pursue, who we select as a spouse, where we live, and the many other freedoms we sometimes take for granted.

Enjoy the day – Al
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 11-29-2013 22:04
However not complete, I finally found a turkey in Turkiye.
Exceedingly dry (like floss), yet remarkably tasteless. Missing was Cranberry Sauce (sauce provided was a combination of flavors somewhat akin to Knorr's beef gravy and I assume cherry juice), sweet potatoes, and pumpkin pie. The salad and relish bar was extraodinary (really, it was awesome!). I tend to avoid buffets these days (Texas de Brazil excepted) BUT! I was the first in line!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Happy Thanksgiving