Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Flange Turner
- - By makeithot (***) Date 12-14-2013 00:32
Most like you pipe hands out there have seen a hundred of these, reworked this one to cover all the bases. Can be mounted in the horizontal or vertical position. has two leveling screws that can be locked in when set. also built two counter weight arms 2' & 3.5' that can be attached to it for those hard to balance off sets. Can be used on the pipe stand as seen in these pics or slides into a receiver on the back of the rig or on the welding bench. The main wheel will take up to an 18" flange if you remove the chuck.
Attachment: flangturner1.jpg (52k)
Attachment: flangeturner2.jpg (57k)
Attachment: flangeturner3.jpg (52k)
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-14-2013 02:58
Richard,

I don't know ya but one thing I can tell is you are a real craftsman.  Ingenuity and skill combine to make a good living for yourself on your own merits....congratulations to you sir.   I look at other postings of your own creations to serve whatever purpose and it is very obvious that you take great regard in putting your name to them.
Parent - - By makeithot (***) Date 12-14-2013 05:46
Thanks, as are you, kind regards and best of the season to you and yours
Parent - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 12-30-2013 04:00
I appreciate it, I had to make a run at Christmas Eve to make it home spend the night and five hours with the family Christmas day and then back in the rig to finish the job.....first time I worked in the winter in quite a while. I feel blessed I was just able to do that.  You take care and here is cheers to you and stacks of cash in 2014.  Heck as far as that goes here is to stacks of cash for all of us in 2014!!!!
- By 803056 (*****) Date 12-14-2013 14:40
Need is the mother of invention. Ingenuity is what sets a tradesman apart from the rest.

Nice work.

Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Flange Turner